World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) is hosted on the 10th of September each year and was established by the International Association for Suicide Prevention in 2003 in conjunction with the World Health Organization (WHO). WSPD provides the opportunity for people, across the globe, to raise awareness of suicide and suicide prevention. Death by suicide can and does affect people from all backgrounds, however in this short awareness piece, we are looking at some of the myths surrounding suicide, in aim of this year’s theme “Creating Hope Through Action,” which is a reminder that there is an alternative to suicide and aims to inspire confidence and light in all of us.
About Corps Together
Corps Together is run for, and by, Colleagues & Guardians. We are inspired by the voices of the colleagues, more specifically, of the multitude of voices that are contained within our sites and teams. Write poetry? Together is for you! Have a hot take on a current issue? Together! Interesting faith journey? Together! Whatever it may be, we hope you find your creative (or serious) niche with us.
- Wishing Everyone A Very Happy Diwali And Festival Of Lights November 12, 2023
- Black History Month – October 2023 October 2, 2023
- World Suicide Prevention Day – 10th September September 7, 2023
- Hanukkah – 18th – 26th December December 16, 2022
- Guru Nanak Jayanti – 8th November 22 November 2, 2022