November 19th marks International Men’s day, Corps Together welcomes you to celebrate the worldwide positive value men bring to the world, their families and communities.
The core themes for International Men’s day are:
- Making a positive difference to the wellbeing and lives of men and boys.
- Raising awareness for charities supporting men and boys’ wellbeing.
- Promoting positive conversation about men, manhood and masculinity.
International Men’s Day also looks to highlight some of issues that affect man and boys in the UK such as:
- The high male suicide rate.
- The challenges faced by boys and men at all stages of education and work including attainment, re-training, redundancy and unemployment.
- Men’s health (including male cancers), shorter life expectancy and workplace deaths – plus the health impact of Covid-19.
- The challenges faced by the most marginalised men and boys in society (for instance, homeless men, boys in care, school exclusions and the high rate of male deaths in custody).
- Male victims of violence, including sexual violence.
- The challenges faced by men as parents, particularly new fathers and separated fathers.
- Male victims and survivors of sexual abuse, rape, sexual exploitation, domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour-based crime, stalking and slavery.
- The negative portrayal of men, boys and fathers.
We would love to hear your stories about the positive value men bring to the world, feel free to reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org